February Lust List

Sunday 16 February 2014

It's that time of the month when Payday seems like a distant dream. But of course my longing for pretty, shiny things hasn't decreased. So I'm contenting myself today by making a wishlist of all the items I neeeeeeed in my life at the moment.

Real Techniques Retractable Kabuki

£11.99, boots.co.uk

Like most of the known blogosphere, I am a massive fan of the Real Techniques brush line. I actually prefer them to Mac brushes because I think they wash better and I would seriously be lost without the Stippling Brush, which I've used every single day since buying it to apply my foundation.

So the news that they've now brought out some new additions to the line is music to my ears. Especially this super-cute retractable kabuki. I use Bare Minerals most of the time, so this would be useful for that and for on the go touch ups and travelling, both for base and for blushers/bronzers because of the angled head.

The only thing I'm not keen on is the pink casing. I'm not 12 and I'd much prefer a professional looking black or silver but as this brush is sure to be perfection in every other way, I still want it!

They've also brought out a retractable bronzer brush, a retractable lip brush and a silicone liner brush as well.

YSL Rouge Pur Couture Glossy Stain

£23.50, debenhams.co.uk

 
These gorgeous glossy stains in the distinctive blinged-out gold YSL packaging caught my eye a while ago, and I'm really wanting to try one out.

They're supposed to be lightweight and comfortable to wear but with a rich colour payoff times two - the initial glossy finish and the longer-lasting stain. I'm a sucker for anything with multiple benefits, so this product appeals to me enormously.

It's also meant to be moisturing which is a huge plus, as I can't stand things that dry out my kisser.

All the shades look beautiful, but the two really catching my eye are 15 Rose Vinyl, a dusky, mid-tone pink or 11 Rouge Gouache, a raspberry reddish pink. Heaven!

Boyfriend t-shirts from Asos


£10, asos.com

Blame Pinterest for starting my obsession with oversized tees with rolled armbands. The cooler-than-thou outfit postings there always seem to feature them! I love the way they can be used to dress down and give a grungier twist to items like bandage skirts and leather pants, which need to be treated carefully to successfully come off as cool rather than OTT.

Perhaps I'm showing my age, but introducing an offbeat element seems to be the key to looking don't-care sexy rather than try-hard. In the past, I was all about try-hard in one way or another, so I must be relaxing!

I see so many styling possibilities that I want one in every colour for my summer wardrobe -shorts, skinnies, minis, it would go with everything...

Nip + Fab Bee Sting Fix Eye Cream

£14.95, nipandfab.com/shop

Bee Sting Eye
I'm a big fan of Nip + Fab products. Created by Marcia Kilgore (of the pricey but lush Bliss Spa) they are fairly priced and bring spa levels of technical innovation into your home routine easily. The Glycolic Fix discs are a staple of my routine and work wonderfully well.

Now they've launched a new line of anti-aging products based on bee venom (which the gossip rags reliably inform me is behind Duchess Kate's glow). This intrigues me. I wanted to try Rodial's Bee Venom line, but its way pricey and its hard to part with that much cash without knowing something works. Nip + Fab's launch is a way to try it, which is great.

This cream brightens and tackles the signs of aging around the eyes with:

Peptides - which any skincare expert worth their salt agrees are the key to anti-aging, one of the few ingredients that really, truly works
Bee Venom -  to control the facial muscles and increase blood circulation by plumping and smoothing fine lines and wrinkles.
Propolis Extract -  a resin-like substance harvested by bees on flower buds and a great skin healer, anti-oxidant (repairer of environmental damage) and antiseptic
Cocoa Butter -  with fatty acides that improve moisture levels and elasticity
Shea Butter - to help strengthen skin and repair damage
Tegocosmo - never heard of it, but apparently a skin brightener that fades age spots
Elestan -  for firmer, more elastic skin

Sounds bloody amazing. Sign me up!!!

Kardashian for Lipsy White Midi Dress

£65.00, lipsy.co.uk


While I wouldn't normally be a fan of anything with a low-rent celebrity brand name slapped on, I doubt the ever-dysfunctional reality sisters have actually had much to do with designing this despite the claims.

Whatever I might think of her, I actually do rate Kim's style - she's a fan of bold shapes and clean cuts, much like myself but with a mahooosive budget. If I could afford Celine and Givenchy rather than Zara and Topshop, I'm sure we'd go for a few of the same pieces.

However, I have fallen deeply in love with this gorgeous white midi dress. No, I don't need it but I certainly do want it. I don't even know where I'd wear it, but I love the cut, the length and the spaghetti strap-ness. I think it looks bombshell with dark hair and a few curves. This would be a stupid purchase because I have nowhere to wear it (not that that's ever stopped me before), but I'm oh so tempted to get it as a 'treat' for all my recent exercise.
               

Vichy Idealia Life Serum

£29.50, escentual.com
 
 I'm on a bit of a skincare trip at the moment, and have been looking into several different lines with the intention of upping my skincare game, as per one of my New Years Resolutions. This serum sounds amazing...

It boasts 'powerful correcting ingredients' to 'stimulate cellular repair' and 'reduce pigmentation'. Basically it helps your skin to be a more perfect version of itself, and who wouldn't want that? It also has 'golden and red pearls' which I believe have a corrective appearance on the skin as well.

I'm torn between this one and the Nuxe Serum Merveillance, so do let me know if you've used either and what you think!

Popkors Triple Pocket Bag

£31.50, ebay.co.uk

 


There's a handbag brand called Popkors from Korea that you can buy on eBay. I've had a few of their bags in the past and been really impressed with the quality and the innovative design.

So when I saw this little beauty I knew I would love it. It's a pouch bag with three zipped sections that snap together, and has a long strap that can be a shoulder bag or cross body.

I just love the simplicity of the design and the flexibility of it -  you could keep one section for make-up and tissues etc, one for phone, keys and wallet and one for other stuff, and snap them on and off as needed.

The embossing on the front says 'Evada Premium Paris' which makes no sense,but it looks good. I want one!








Clinique Youth Surge Age Decelerating Moisturiser

£42.00, clinique.co.uk
Youth Surge Age Decelerating Moisturizer Broad Spectrum SPF 15
I wasn't lying when I said that this might be a bit of a skincare special. Another of the lines I've been looking at using is Clinique. I've used their serum occaisionally and eyecream once, but I've never really stuck to anything continuously and obviously when looking at skincare, its one of the big counter brands that is an obvious choice.

Clinique claim that this cream can help to slow the ageing process (which has recently become a concern of mine) and decrease the look of lines and wrinkles. Clinique never seem to say much about the active ingredients in their products - I'd like to use something with retinol in- but user reviews for this product are pretty good. It might be the place to start my serious skincare journey.


Ciate White Chocolate Polish Remover

£10, ciate.co.uk

 

Nail brand Ciate has just launched a new line of polish removers, all scented like chocolate! Heaven for those of us who dislike the smell of polish remover (my husband says it gives him a headache).

There's dark, mint, orange and white versions to work your way through. The pretty bottle is also appealing (and its glass for an extra touch of luxe), while the formula is gentle and kind to nails with Vitamins B5 and E and no ammonia.

Sounds like a dream!Certainly an upgrade from my usual Boots own brand stuff.

Bourjois Blush Exclusif

£7.99, boots.co.uk
 

Continuing on from last year's lipgloss launch, Blush Exclusif is a blush with a difference - it adjusts to the PH balance of your skin to create the perfect shade of pink for your skintone.

In itself, this isn't anything new - Smashbox O-Glow and L'Oreal Blush Maqique both do the same - but instead of a gel, its a cream to powder blush. It's also way cheaper than either of the above! Bourjois is probably my favourite drugstore brand, the packaging is cute and its all great quality stuff.

I have problems finding a pink to suit my skintone - I love a rosy cheek, but it can look too fake and dolly on my golden toned skin. I tend to suit apricot blushes at most or just bronzer, usually. But with spring coming, I really want to find a pink cheek that works for me. This could be it!

So that's my little wishlist for now, what are you dreaming of come payday?

Post a Comment